The Steam Association of Manitoba is formed:
- to preserve, protect and advance the live steam hobby in Manitoba
- to represent the democratic position of the membership of the Steam Association of Manitoba to the Office of the Fire Commissioner, Inspection and Technical Services Manitoba and other authorities;
- to receive and disseminate information and communications from the Office of the Fire Commissioner, Inspection and Technical Services Manitoba and other authorities on issues affecting the hobby;
- to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and concerns of the Membership toward the formulation of a unified position on issues affecting the hobby;
- to promote boiler and operational safety by reviewing, discussing and taking action on any and all incidents potentially having an adverse effect on the hobby with an objective of preventing a recurrence. It shall be incumbent on all members to preserve and protect the live steam hobby by exercising due diligence in all matters relating to the design, construction, operation and maintenance of steam boilers and related equipment ;
- to promote education and training of interested parties.
- to establish liason and work with other organizations across Manitoba, across Canada and internationally relating to issues affecting the live steam hobby.